Easterton Village Hall
Set back from the main road, near St Barnabas Church, lies the village hall, children’s play area and recreation field. Built in the 1950’s the hall and field are held in trust for the village and is managed by a Board of Trustees. The adjoining children’s play area is equipped and maintained by the Parish Council.
The Hall is an ideal venue for wedding receptions, children’s parties, business seminars and other functions.
- There is presently one main hall with table seating for up to 100 people (150 standing).
- A smaller function room – The Garden Room – with a capacity of 50 seated and 70 standing. This latter offers access to the playing field and children’s play area.. The Garden Room can serve as a “Green Room” for the stage. The Garden Room is also configurable as a classroom or seminar venue, and includes a coffee station.
- A stage with changing rooms
- A fully equipped kitchen with cutlery and crockery for 100.
- Separate bar with glasses and jugs to cater for 100. kitchen and bar opening onto the main hall
- Accessible access to all facilities and there is on-site parking.
- Wi-Fi is now available
The current uses of Village Hall and Field
- The Parish Council holds its monthly meetings in the Hall.
- Annual events such as Easterton Country Fete, a Burns’ supper and the Remembrance Sunday curry lunch.
- Regular weekly art classes, dog ring craft sessions and short mat bowls.
- Details of the Village Hall Accounts and Easterton Village Hall AGM Minutes can be accessed here.
- The Easterton Archers meet on the field each week during the summer.
- Wiltshire Home Guard and Waldorf Garrison meet at the hall from time to time.
Modernisation of the Hall is nearing completion
The Hall has recently been modernised with the completion of 2 new extensions, a new Eco-roof, new store and toilets.
The hall is licensed for music and dancing: Monday to Friday – 8am to 1am the next day; Saturday – 8am to 12 midnight; Sunday – 8am to 10. 30pm. Alcohol sales are only permitted if a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is obtained in advance. Hirers must acknowledge the conditions of hire EVH Conditions of Hire.
Hire charges with effect from 1st April 2021 are as follows:
|Parish Function||Easterton Residents||Non-Residents & Local Government||Commercial & Youth Parties (12 – 25)|
Special rates can be negotiated for regular club and group activities. Some storage facilities can be offered for such organisations.
For more information please contact:
The Hall Secretary: David Green
Tel: 01380 812527
email David Green: email@example.com
For a list of Village Hall Trustees please find this information here; EVHtrusteesfeb21